Updated: April 30, 2016
This policy describes how Goowi treats your information, not how other organizations treat your information. If you are using Goowi in a workplace or on a device or account issued to you by your employer or another organization, that company or organization likely has its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, and retention of communications and content which may apply to your use of Goowi.
Information we collect and receive
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Account and profile information. The only information we require to create your Goowi account is an email address. Any information you add information you add to your profile such as your first and last name.
- Billing information. If you donate money to a charity of your choice, our third party payment processors will collect and store your billing address and credit card information.
- Log data. When you use Goowi, our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you're using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before coming to Goowi, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. Log data does not contain message content and is not routinely deleted.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you're using Goowi on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you're using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you're using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Information from partners or other 3rd parties. Goowi may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information about which IP addresses go with which zip codes or it might be more specific information about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer and from your computer to us, each time you visit our website. They are unique to your Goowi account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
Some cookies are associated with your Goowi account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in and which teams you are logged into. Other cookies are not tied to your Goowi account but are unique and allow us to do site analytics and customization, among other similar things. If you access Goowi through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there but if you disable all cookies you may not be able to use Goowi.
Goowi sets and accesses our own cookies on our company-owned domains. In addition, we use 3rd parties like Google Analytics for website analytics. You may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics on their respective websites. We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following:
- Providing the Goowi service. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver message content to you and from you
- Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it. We have a fair bit of data about usage and we intend to use it many different ways to improve our products, including research. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to a Goowi user.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep Goowi secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
- Communicating with you
- Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- In-product communications. We may use the information you provide to contact you through Goowi using in-product messaging tools. For example, if, after, a few weeks of using Goowi we notice that your notification setting is set to notify you of all messages, we may send you a message that suggests you change this in case you are getting too many notifications. This is just one example of how we use information about your usage of the product to make suggestions to you.
- Email messages. We may send you service and administrative emails, such as when we notice that you are nearing a message or integration limit. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offerings and important service related notices, such as changes to this policy or security and fraud notices. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to Goowi users about new product features or other news about Goowi. You can opt-out of these at any time.
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
- Goowi does not control these choices, or default settings, which are offered by makers of your browser or mobile device.
Sharing and Disclosure
There are times when communications and related content and other user information may be shared by Goowi. This section discusses only how Goowi may share user information. Organizations that use Goowi may have their own policies for sharing and disclosure of information they can access through Goowi. Goowi may share information:
- With consent, to comply with legal process, or to protect Goowi and our users. When we have your consent or if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Goowi; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. If we receive a law enforcement or other third party request for information we will provide prior notice to the subject of the request where we are legally permitted to do so. For more information on Goowi’s policies for responding to requests for user data, please see contact us to email@example.com
- Integrations. If you add an integration, Goowi may share information about you or your team with the provider of the integration. Goowi is not responsible for how the provider of the integration may collect and use your data.
- For Business and Research Purposes.We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with our partners or others for business or research purposes. For example, we may tell a prospective Goowi customer or partner with research firm or academics to explore interesting questions about customer engagement and charitable donations.Again, this policy is not intended to prohibit the disclosure and use of aggregated or de-identified data.
Goowi takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the Goowi service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. When you enter sensitive information (such as sign-in credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Goowi after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.
1250 Guy Street, 6th Floor
Montreal, QC, CANADA